We are very pleased to announce that the Pennsylvania Council of Trout Unlimited honored our own Spring Creek chapter with two 2014 statewide awards during their annual Fall Meeting.
Edward Urbas Best Chapter Award
From left - Paula Sowers,
SCCTU Vice President; Bob Vierck, SCCTU President;
Judi Sittler received the Doc Fritchey Award for Outstanding Coldwater Conservationist, TU Member
This award is given to a PA Trout Unlimited member who exemplifies the TU mission and is a "go-to person" for projects, problems or advice.
Judi Sittler, SCCTU Past President and Brian Wagner, PA Council President
Dedication of the Tony Gerace Memorial Bench - September 14, 2014
Jennifer Shuey presenting the George Harvey Award for contributions to Spring Creek to Jim McClure - "We're all in the same bathtub"Site Links to Photo Slide Shows and Videos
- "Return the Roots" Slide Show
- Photos of 41st Annual Dinner and Fundraiser
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation - Project Status Report - September 30, 2014
- Milesburg Bank Stabilization and Riparian Planting Slide Show
- McCoy Dam Riparian Planting Slide Show
- Fisherman's Paradise Bank Stabilization, Stormwater and Parking Lot Improvement Slide Show
- Rock Road Stormwater Abatement and Parking Lot Improvement Slide Show
- Photos of McCoy Dam Planting
- Centre Daily Times Article "Incredible volunteers brave chill to plant trees along Spring Creek in Milesburg" by Chris Rosenblum
- Larry Fennessey "Thompson Run and the Duck Pond"May 1, 2014 Presentation Slides
Veteran's Service Program
Pictures credit Mark Nale
Read about the Veterans
Service Program Article from
the Centre Daily Times -
Mark Nale Woods and Waters
column from 9/21/2014 "Local
Veterans Service Partnership
making a difference "
" -Click Here
Veterans and SCCTU volunteers started twice a month fishing sessions at Fishermans Paradise as part of our new Veterans Service Program (VSP). They were great nights teaching, learning, laughing and catching some fish. Veterans from all branches and eras attended.
The group meets the second and fourth Sunday of the month, 12:00 Noon to 4:00PM at Fisherman's Paradise, Bellefonte, PA. Fishing will be in the no wade and fly fishing only area or the all tackle and wade areas along the creek.